Rockit Music Blog
10 movies about music that you have to see before you die
Because we know that your love for music goes beyond the songs, here MovieTube presents a list of 10 movies about music that you have to see.
From documentaries, fiction and in varied genres, are ideal for any music lover. Check them out and tell us what you think.
- High Fidelity: John Cusack stars as a seller of a record store enChicago Yachting a stunning vinyl catalog as it muddles through their love problems. Full warranty.
- Almost Famous: a classic of classics. If you haven’t seen the full movie, insurance place the bus scene in which all singing Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer” or at least the poster with the face of Kate Hudson. The story of a 15-year-old boy who goes on tour with a band will give you desire to go out on tour.
- Thunder Soul: “It was the seventies: nice dancing, nice afros, it was girls, girls, girls…” (“They were the seventies: was dancing, afros and girls, girls, girls…”) what else can we say? The soul is everything what gives this produced documentary Jamie Foxx that tells the story of a band of high school that he revolutionized the world of soul in the 1970s.
- chico & Rita: this animated film tells the story of Chico, a pianist, yRita, a singer, who fall in love with Cuban music. Lots of rhythm and an incredible love story.
- Across the Universe: if you haven’t seen this film, it is time you stop everything you’re doing and you get to see her. The love story of Jude and Lucy in the midst of the political and social problems of the 60’s and a hippie world of psychedelia is a must for any lover of music. Why? No more or less than because the entire film revolves around the Beatles, its music and its aesthetic. You’ll love it.
- Muscle Shoals: this movie is a celebration to Rick Hall, the founder of studies FAME in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, one of the most important and influential in the world of music. If you ever wondered how was the beginnings of the industry, this documentary you will love.
- Walk the Line: this moving film tells the story of Johnny Cash, his musical career and his love affair with June Carter. It has excellent performances deJoaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon and if this legend of country music like you fall in love with you from the soundtrack of the film.
- The Runaways: the band that launched to stardom to Joan Jett has its own film and starring Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning comoCherrie Curie. A good portrait of how the rock industry from the perspective of the girl power.
- control: this documentary chronicles the life of Ian Curtis, lead singer of Joy Division, until his suicide at the age of 23. It was co-produced by his widow, Deborah, and directed by Anton Corbjin, the official photographer of the band.
- End of the Century: the story of the Ramones: a spectacular portrait of New York in the 1970s, CBGB’s and the movement punk. Have you ever wondered what is to be in a band with Joey, Dee Dee and Johnny? This documentary is the answer.